In most cases, calling a 0800 number is free of charge for the caller.
Exceptions may be:
- You call the 0800 number from abroad.
- You call from a mobile phone.
In these cases it may be that a tariff is charged by the telephone company.
But if you call a 0800 number from a landline, from home or the office in your own country, then a 0800 call is always free. In most European countries this is even stipulated by law.
Who pays the costs of the telephone call?
The operator of the 0800 number bears the costs.
Why do companies pay for the call charges of a 0800 number?
For organizations where customer contact is of great importance to turnover, it is a logical choice to offer a 0800 number.
The advantages of a 0800 number for companies:
- Create a positive image for the company in question. 0800 telephone numbers are known as customer-friendly telephone numbers. This shows that the company cares about customers and takes customer service seriously. Leading organizations often offer a 0800 number.
- A company offering a 0800 number will receive more calls from potential customers than a company offering a normal paid phone number.
According to research, the number of calls would increase by about 15%.
- 0800 telephone numbers are national telephone numbers. That means that they can be called by callers from all over the country. The number is not linked to a specific city or region. When the company delivers products or services all over the country, a 0800 number is therefore a better choice than a local telephone number.
What does it cost for the number holder?
An own 0800 number costs €45 per month at Belfabriek. In addition there are the call charges. For our 0800 numbers applies: all advanced functions and tools are included. Think of a call queue, an announcement and the possibility to record calls for service- and training purposes.
Since 1999 Belfabriek has been the only telephone company in Europe that focuses exclusively on the registration of 0800 numbers. With our subscription you will find all possible features included and the costs are clear and well-organized. There are no hidden costs, so no surprises afterwards.
Belfabriek sets the right example
As advocates of 0800 telephone numbers, we have chosen for an 0800 telephone number for our own customer service.
Do you still have questions after reading this article? Then feel free to contact our customer service, free of charge and without obligation. They speak English, German, Spanish and Dutch.
Reserve your number today
Numbers are given out on a first-come, first-served basis. So don't wait too long and request your own 0800 service number today.
The most modern telephone systems you can get. Belfabriek System works with all devices at your home or office, landline or mobile.
A pre-configured device for a plug 'n' play experience
Receive and make business calls on your existing mobile phones
Manage all numbers and connections online
Set yourself as available or unavailable to receive phone calls
Your calls directly to your cell phone